Vision, Charter, Mission
Creating and supporting a transparent, seamless, and secure environment for learning, creative endeavors, faculty productivity, administrative efficiency and collaboration among its diverse community of students, faculty, staff, and friends.
Viterbi Information Technology (IT), a division within the Office of the Dean, provides computing facilities and services to students, faculty, staff and administration of the USC Viterbi School of Engineering (VSoE). Viterbi IT supports teaching labs, student labs and group rooms. Viterbi IT staff members are responsible for administrative/instructional computer support, network support, Exchange email, network storage, web-based administrative and academic services applications and database.
Deliver IT capabilities that keep the Viterbi School of Engineering running and enable the School to fulfill its mission in instruction, research, administration, and services.
To this end we will:
- Provide leadership for effective strategic and tactical planning in the use of technology.
- Maintain an understanding of the IT environment in order to advise the Dean on IT issues pertinent to the Viterbi School.
- Develop a core set of services that would be made available to any academic departments or functional units within the school. The option of utilizing these services, or developing services within the unit, is left to the discretion of each unit.
- Provide leadership for effective coordination of IT resources across academic departments and functional units within the school.
- Provide oversight for security and privacy issues that supplement university policies in order to meet the specific needs of the Viterbi School.
- Provide networking oversight and develop interconnectivity solutions for the Viterbi School that integrate with the university's telecommunications strategy.
- Serve as an information resource liaison in interactions with USC ITS, strategic partners and other USC and non-USC entities. This would specifically include educating them about the school’s needs, facilitating the negotiation of resources, and developing support services.
- Provide expertise and coordination to academic departments and functional units in discussions and/or negotiations with vendors and outside contractors.
Published on November 16th, 2017
Last updated on October 6th, 2020