Email and Collaboration
Email Information and Guides
Organization Accounts Guide
USC offers Organization Email Accounts. These accounts may be used to represent the Academic Department, Administrative Department or Student groups in email communications. Only faculty or staff may be owners of these accounts. If you would like to have an organization email account for your department, please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org or by completing the form below. Viterbi IT will forward your request.
- Name - Should be 8 characters or less. Such as email@example.com.
- Alias - For example, this would be an alias: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Display Name - For example, this would be display name "John Doe"
- Owner - Must be a full time faculty or staff. Please provide your USC Net ID.
- Purpose of the account
- How long will the account be needed? Some request accounts for a project that have an end date. If you need this account for continuous use, "indefinite" would be fine.
Organization Account FormThe information requested will be sent to Viterbi Service Desk
Slack Workspaces Request Guide
USC provides Slack Workspaces. If you would like to request a Workspace for your group, please provide the following information to email@example.com or complete the form below.Please note that we could make the request on your behalf but if your use case does not fit into the University's use case for Slack Workspace, it may be denied.
- Reason for the request for USC Slack New Workspace
- Preferred name and URL for the Workspace (For example, USC Viterbi School of Engineering - USCVITERBI.slack.com
- Who will administer this Slack Workspace (may have more than multiple admins)? First Name, Last Name and USC Email address
- Approximately how many users will be using this Workspace?
- Set Access for Workspace - How will your members use this space? (Choose one)
- Open - Anyone in your organization will be able to join this workspace
- By Request - Members can request to join this workspace
- Invite only - Members must be invited by a Workspace Owner or Admin
- Hidden - This workspace will be hidden from the rest of your organization. Members must be invited by a Workspace Owner or Admin
- What department or unit are you affiliated with?
- Does your department or unit already have Slack Workspace?
- Notes (Any other information you would like to share)
Slack Workspace FormThe information requested will be sent to Viterbi Service Desk
Published on December 16th, 2021
Last updated on April 15th, 2022