Ethernet Port Activation
Effective July 1, 2006, there will be no monthly fees for basic data network services. These services are covered under the Technology Connection Charge (TCC) paid annually to USC ITS by Viterbi School for each benefit-eligible employee (faculty, staff, and RA/TAs) whose payroll home department affiliation is the Viterbi School.
The TCC does not include: Ethernet port activations, installation or relocation of network connections, wiring upgrades--except as part of the university-wide network upgrade, and other specialized services. Each of these services will be charged to the unit based on the actual cost of the service.
If you are activating an Ethernet port and would like Viterbi IT to interface with ITS on your behalf, please provide the following basic information on the Viterbi IT Service Desk web form or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- User Name
- Telephone Number
- Department Name
- Account Number to Be Charged
- Location of Ethernet Port to be activated (Building, Room Number, Address)
- Grid Number of the Port to be activated
- Requested Completion Date: (Note that this is only a requested completion date and may not be the actual completion date.
- If additional information is required, you will be contacted.
USC ITS Network-related Services
Published on November 10th, 2017
Last updated on October 20th, 2020