Last Update: 5/12/20
Quick Reference Email Settings for Viterbi Exchange Server
IMAP Incoming Mail Server:
Encryption method: SSL
IMAP Outgoing Mail Server:
Encryption method: TLS
Outlook Web Access (OWA):
Quick Reference Email Settings for USC Office 365 Email Server
IMAP Incoming Mail Server Port:
Port 993 SSL
IMAP Outgoing Mail Server Port:
Port 587 TLS
- Avaya Aura
Avaya Aura is a web portal to manage your Avaya VOIP phone's functionality. For more information, click on this PDF. Note that the URL in the PDF is stale. Please use this: https://clv-aam-mss-msg.usc.edu/user. A secure connection to the USC network is required to access Avaya Aura Messaging.
If you need to set user preferences follow these instructions.
- Avaya Communicator One-X Softphone
The Avaya softphone, one-X Communicator software is useful but has a huge security hole. If you have an Avaya VoIP phone in office, please email ITS firstname.lastname@example.org and copy Deborah Hazzard-Bowers email@example.com to specify a custom passcode (a 6-digit number) for your 5-digit office phone extension. Please take note that this 6-digit custom passcode is meant for use with the Avaya one-X Communicator software. This is not the same passcode used to access your voicemail, which you all should already have.
- USC VPN
- Viterbi Conference Rooms
- Viterbi Email Outlook Web Access
Information Technology Program
Downloadable PDFs and HTML
MyDesktop Help Files:
Viterbi Exchange Email Server Configuration for the Following Clients:
Important Note: Before trying to connect your mobile device(s) to the School's Microsoft Exchange email server, please contact Viterbi IT to verify that your user account has the appropriate features enabled.
- Configuring Android
- Configuring iOS
- Configuring Outlook 2013/2016
- Configuring Outlook 2019
- Configuring Outlook 2016 For Mac
- Configuring Outlook 2019 For Mac
USC Office365 Email Server Configuration:
- Changing your display name in Office365
- Configuring Email Clients
- Configuring Email Forwarding with Office365
- Disabling Office365 Email Clutter
- Importing contacts into Office365
- Data Recovery
- How to Add / Remove users from an Email List on Viterbi Exchange Email Server
- How to forward emails using Outlook Web Access
- How to Remote Desktop to a Windows PC from a Windows or Mac Computer
- How to set up Junk Email and Safe Senders in Outlook
- How to set up Power Settings for Mac
- How to set up Power Settings for Windows
- How to Use Net Use Command
- How to whitelist the USC.EDU email domain in Outlook, Gmail, Mac Mail
- Using FileZilla
- Using Outlook Spam Filter
- Using Outlook Web Access (OWA)
- Setting up the Polycom VTX 1000
- USC Mailing Lists
- USC Voicemail
- Using Peazip to Encrypt and Password Protect File(s) and Folder(s)
- Viterbi IT’s “Private Cloud-Based” Backup step by step installation guide for Mac Clients
- Viterbi IT’s “Private Cloud-Based” Backup step by step installation guide for Windows Clients
- Viterbi IT’s “Private Cloud-Based” Backup step by step installation guide for Linux Clients
- Viterbi Self Service Password Reset
Useful External Resources
Online Bandwidth Tests
For quick file exchange, the following services offer a free or paid subscription. There are many other websites offering the same service.
Free software of popular titles currently available online.
Autodesk has a free version of AutoCAD called AutoCAD WS available online. All you need is a browser or many different mobile devices. You also get storage space with Autodesk for your drawings and plans. You will need to sign up for a free account.
Free conference call telephone number.