Who May Access This Software?
SentinelOne endpoint security software is designed to detect, remove, and prevent the spread of malware and other security risks.
Note: As of 6/15/21 Sophos has been retired.
Computers under Viterbi IT support have been migrated from Sophos to SentinelOne. SentinelOne replaces Sophos, the previous antivirus solution. If you notice you still have Sophos installed, please contact Viterbi IT at email@example.com.
Installing SentinelOne Enterprise Edition
For faculty, staff or students that have a USC-owned computer and supported by your own department IT
- AME faculty and staff, please contact Dennis Plocher (firstname.lastname@example.org) for SentinelOne support.
- ECE-S faculty and staff, please contact Seth Scafani (email@example.com) for SentinelOne support.
Notes on SentinelOne Enterprise Edition (for USC-owned devices)
Installing SentinelOne on a personally owned computer
Notes on SentinelOne Personal Edition (for personally owned devices)
SentinelOne Windows Upgrade Instructions
If you do have an older Windows version of SentinelOne, please download the proper files and follow the instructions below. The older Windows version of Sentinel One will require 2 updates (Old Version > 18.104.22.1680 > 22.214.171.12410).
- Upgrade to 126.96.36.1990. You should upgrade with a local administrator account and no uninstall or restart is required.
- File name is: SentinelInstaller_windows_64bit_v21_7_5_1080.msi
- Upgrade from 188.8.131.520 to 184.108.40.20610. Run the second MSI file immediately after the first step 1.
- File name is: SentinelInstaller_windows_64bit_v22_1_4_10010.msi
MacOS and Linux Upgrade Instructions
Linux and K8s - v220.127.116.11
The Linux installation files will either be DEB or RPM. Select the appropriate installer file for your operating system and install the update.
MacOS - v18.104.22.16868
The MacOS installation file will be a PKG file. Download and install the update by opening the file with local administrator rights. Run the installer to upgrade SentinelOne.
Published on March 2nd, 2021
Last updated on March 16th, 2023