How to Restore a Page via Revisions
Ever made a mistake and wish to recover a previous version of the web page you are working on? Revisions allow you to revert to an earlier iteration of a page or post!
Please note the following:
- This feature is available only on viterbischool.usc.edu and VASE websites.
- This can only restore a certain amount, and long-term revisions potentially could be unrecoverable.
- If you make unwanted changes or overrode something, please try to identify the issue as soon as possible.
- This is a last-ditch effort to pull an older version of the page you have been making changes to.
- Please access the Edit page page of your website. You have two ways to do this.
- You can enter through the page itself. If you are logged in, you can click on the "Edit page" within the WP Admin bar up top. This is different from the usual Cornerstone edit.
- You can also access through the WP Admin dashboard by going to Page > and finding the specific page.
- Click on Browse within the Publish box next to Revisions.
- In the revision page itself, you can click through the slider to the last working point. You can also compare your revisions with one another.
- Please note that revision history is limited to a certain amount of changes. Try to identify an issue immediately, and do not make more changes because it might override the last working version.
- Once you have selected the working version, you can click “Restore This Revision.”
- Please click on Update within the publish box, and you have successfully restored your previous revision.
For more information, please visit the official WordPress documentation on Post and Page Revisions.
Published on July 11th, 2022
Last updated on November 21st, 2022