- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Viterbi School provides, at no cost, an Adobe Creative Cloud license subscription for full-time tenured/tenure-track, teaching, and research faculty on primary appointment in the Viterbi School. Creative Cloud is Adobe's suite of creative software, which includes Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, and some cloud services. Click here to find out more.
- Doodle is an online calendaring tool that assists with coordinating meetings or events. It is most helpful to those who often coordinate meetings that involve a mix of USC and non-USC participants. Click here to find out more.
- Grammarly is a writing enhancement tool that uses artificial intelligence (AI) to check written content's spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors. Eligible Viterbi faculty, students, and staff have access to the premium version of Grammarly, which also offers advanced writing suggestions to help with writing clarity, concision, vocabulary, style, and tone. Click here to find out more.
- The Viterbi School uses KACE to manage OS and Software updates and patches. Click here to find out more.
- Microsoft Azure Dev Tools for Teaching
- Azure is Microsoft's cloud computing platform that offers a large amount of services for learning and building applications. It does not include Microsoft Office. Faculty and staff have access to Office via USC ITS' Office365. Click here for more info.
- Oracle Academy
- Oracle Academy advances computer science education globally to drive knowledge, innovation, skills development, and diversity in technology fields. Click here to find out more.
- Viterbi School now provides free Overleaf Professional accounts for all Viterbi faculty, students, and staff who want to use a collaborative, online LaTeX editor for their projects. Click here to find out more.
- SentinelOne endpoint security software is designed to detect, remove, and prevent the spread of malware and other security risks. SentinelOne replaces Sophos Endpoint Security. Click here to find out more.
- VMware Academic Software Licensing Program
- VMware Academic Software Licensing Program provides qualifying academic users with no-cost VMware virtualization software for instructional and research use. The program offers both desktop and infrastructure software for personal use, whether as part of STEM classes, in non-commercial research projects, or for gaining hands-on experience with VMware products. Click here to find out more.
- Software List Installed in Various Viterbi School Locations
- Note: Many of the software listed may not be distributed due to licensing agreements. Click here for the list of software.
Published on November 4th, 2022
Last updated on January 9th, 2023