Instructional Software Request (ISR)
To request an instructional software to be mounted in the Viterbi VDI system, please use Instructional Software Request (ISR) tool in myViterbi, https://myviterbi.usc.edu/.
The intention for the ISR is to provide faculty with a way to request software for instructional purposes. The ISR processes takes into the account the following:
- Approval by the Department Chair
- Approval by the School
- Procurement of the software includes the following:
- License agreement
- Obtaining the software
- Installation and initiate testing in Viterbi IT supported classrooms or the School's Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- Distribution of the software if the licensing agreement permits
- Final testing with the subject matter experts (Faculty, TA...) to ensure the software is working as it should.
To ensure that instructional software is obtained, installed and ready for class use; the deadlines for submittal of ISRs are below. If the request is received after the deadline, there are no guarantees that the software will be available for use when you need it for class.
|For software to be available by that start of:
|The ISR must be submitted by:
- Faculty should be reminded that instructional software used in Viterbi IT-managed environments are installed on a year-by-year basis and should not be assumed to remain installed indefinitely.
- Faculty should include when the instructional software will be used in class. Please provide a time frame. For example, some faculty will not be using the software until the second half of the semester.
- Viterbi IT is proactive about notifying faculty of pending software license renewals, but ultimately it is the responsibility of the faculty member using the software for instruction to notify Viterbi IT that a particular instructional software suite will be required for the upcoming academic year.
- In the absence of an explicit, annual notification of continuing instructional need via the ISR Manager tool in myViterbi, Viterbi IT will retire the software from use, and need not provide the software in subsequent years.
Published on November 29th, 2022
Last updated on July 6th, 2023