USC Email General Information
All faculty and staff at USC have a USC Email account. It is a web based system that uses your USC NetID login credentials to access. At Viterbi, it is the primary email system used by faculty. It is recommended that Viterbi staff forward their USC email to their Viterbi Exchange email account.
USC Email uses your USC NetID login credentials. You can activate your USC account at: http://www.usc.edu/firstlogin. It is during this process that you will be given your USC username and you can select a password. See below if you have forgotten your password.
Access USC email as follows:
Username: The part of your USC email address to the left to the @ symbol.
Password: Set by you during account activation.
If you have forgotten your USC password or username, please contact ITS at (213) 740-5555. You can also reset your password here.
Forwarding Your USC Web Mail to Another Address
If you wish to forward your USC Web Mail e-mail to another e-mail address, please follow these steps:
- Logon to USC Web Mail at: http://usc.edu/office365 using your USC user ID and password.
- Click the “Gear” icon then select the “Options”.
- Under the Forwarding section, type your email address in the box.
- Check “Start forwarding”.
- Leave “Keep a copy of forwarded messages” unchecked so copies of emails are not left in your USC Web Mail inbox. If this option is left checked, your inbox could fill up and prevent you from receiving inbound emails.
- Click “Save” then logout; close your browser.
USC Email Policies
USC Email Policy - 16 month email retention limit
USC Email Policy FAQ
Organization Accounts Guide
USC offers Organization Email Accounts. These accounts may be used to represent the Academic Department, Administrative Department or Student groups in email communications. Only faculty or staff may be owners of these accounts. If you would like to have an organization email account for your department, please email the following information to email@example.com or by completing the form below. Viterbi IT will forward your request.
- Name - Should be 8 characters or less. Such as firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alias - For example, this would be an alias: email@example.com.
- Display Name - For example, this would be display name "John Doe"
- Owner - Must be a full time faculty or staff. Please provide your USC Net ID.
- Purpose of the account
- How long will the account be needed? Some request accounts for a project that have an end date. If you need this account for continuous use, "indefinite" would be fine.
Organization Account Form
The information requested will be sent to Viterbi Service Desk
Published on December 16th, 2021
Last updated on November 21st, 2022