IT Support for Staff
Viterbi IT supports staff from the following: Dean’s Office, Viterbi Business Affairs, Advancement, Marketing & Communications, Student Affairs, ASTE, BME, CEE, CS, EIS, ECE, ISE, MFD, INNOVATION, and ITP. If your department is not listed here, please inquire with your department.
Staff has multiple options to request assistance from Viterbi IT. You may:
- Hardware installation and troubleshooting
- Office computers on a 4 year refresh cycle
- Network connectivity
- Ethernet port activation
*Please note that we are unable to provide support for your personally owned computer equipment.
- Network File Server
- Staff supported by Viterbi IT have automatic access to the Network file server
- It is highly recommended that you save all business related data files on the file server. It is backed up nightly and replicated to the School’s disaster recovery site on the East Coast.
- Crashplan is used to back up your Windows profile on your office computer.
- This includes anything saved on the Windows desktop or MyDocuments. This service is automatically provided
- Software installation and troubleshooting (business related software only)
- Viterbi Password Management - Use this to change your password. Both your USC and VSOE passwords will be synchronized.
- Remote Desktop
Office and Mobile Telephone
- Ordering a Zoom soft phone number
- Fax installation
- Mobile phones
Published on October 9th, 2019
Last updated on November 21st, 2022