How to Set Up Two-Factor Authentication
Two-factor authentication is required for all WordPress users with an Administrator or Editor Plus role. We encourage all other Viterbi WordPress users to set up two-factor authentication to their WordPress account for added security. This page will give you step-by-step information on how to do set up your two-factor authentication.
Step-by-Step Two-Factor Authentication Set-up
- Log in to your WordPress account.
- Once you are in the WordPress dashboard, click on the Wordfence menu item on the left.
- From there, select "Login Security."
- You might see one of the two views below to access Login Security.
- Select your authenticator of choice on your mobile phone. You can use Duo which is a USC-approved two-factor authentication application.
- You have the choice to either scan the QR code or write out the code seen below the QR code located in box 1 onto your authenticator application.
- Download the backup passwords located in box 2 and keep it safely.
- Your application should now show an activation code. Use that code and enter it in box 2.