How to Use Lyris List Manager
If you are an administrator of a distribution list, login to Lyris List Manager via this URL: http://listserv.viterbi.usc.edu/
Send an Email
- Click on Mailings -> New Mailing.
- Then fill out the form with your desired content and message.
- When you are done, click Save and Test to send yourself a test email to make sure everything look OK.
- Fill out the “Send to Test:” field and click OK to send the test message. Then OK on the confirmation screen.
- Once you have received and confirmed that the email looks correct, you will need to go back to Lyris to send the message out to the list.
- Once in Lyris, click on Mailings -> Approval and find the mailing you just created.
- Click on the Send link next to the name of your mailing you want to send. Then click OK on the confirmation page to send your mailing.
This will send the message only to a subset of recipients in your distribution list. (i.e. only PHD students, or only students with a last name starting with the letter “q.”)
Send to a Segment (group)
- Click on Mailings -> New Mailing
- Click on the Recipients tab.
- You will see a list of options, one of will be Segments. Click Choose Segments button.
- A list of all segments you have access to will be displayed. Use the >> (to add) and << (to remove) buttons choose the segment(s) you would like to send to.
- Once you have selected the segments, click the OK button.
- Continue with creating your mailing as you would any other mailing. When you send the mail will only be sent to the emails within the segment.