The Anonymous Survey
Once you have successfully logged in to your Qualtrics account, then you are ready to create a survey. There are several options for creating a new survey, and we will help you become familiar with them in this tutorial. This is the first step you will need to take as you start the survey building process.
In addition to teaching about survey creation, this tutorial will briefly go over survey distribution as well as viewing the results.
Once you login to USC Qualtrics, your new sessions will begin on the Projects page with the option to create a new survey. Most projects can be easily created by choosing the Create a new project option as seen below.
Survey Options is where you go to change many general survey settings, such as the survey expiration date or the message that will appear to respondents when they finish the survey.
To access these settings, click Survey Options at the top of the Survey tab.
Distributing Your Survey
There are two primary ways to distribute your survey*:
- By composing an email to be sent by Qualtrics (see our tutorial on Composing Emails in Qualtrics).
- By creating a link that you can use in your email (most commonly used option - see image below).
*Note that there are many options to choose from, however the two mentioned above are the most common.
- Option #1 above is the link that is generated by Qualtrics. You can use this link in an email to share your survey, or you can create an "Anonymous Link" using the "Customize Link" option.
- If you choose the "Customize Link" option you will have the ability to control the text you'd like to appear in your email, rather than showing the link created by Qualtrics (option#2 above).
- Option #3 above is a preview of what the link text will look like in an email.
- Click on Option #4 to copy and past the link HTML into you email.
Published on February 21st, 2019
Last updated on November 21st, 2022