Updated as of 12:44pm on Monday, 1/4/21
Viterbi IT was hard at work over the winter recess to repair/circumvent impacted equipment in the RTH data center. We continue to restore services and the goal is to have services running on our offsite equipment returned to the RTH data center by 1/7/21. As part of the process of returning services to the local site, myViterbi and its affiliated services/data will be inaccessible between 5AM and 10AM, Tuesday, 1/5/21.
As of now, we have the following IT services online and running on equipment in the RTH data center:
1. VSOE Exchange email service – fully operational; no change on how users would access the service.
2. VSOE listserv mailing list service – fully operational; no change on how users would access the service. This service allows access to Viterbi faculty, staff, and student mailing lists, as well as those used by Viterbi Advancement and Marcom to communicate with Viterbi friends/donors.
In progress to return to the RTH data center:
1. VSOEFS file sharing service – data replication at ~30% completion. In the meanwhile, users can access the vsoefs.vsoe.usc.edu file server that remains hosted on offsite equipment as long as they are on computers connected to USC wired network, USC Secure Wireless network, or USC VPN. Viterbi Business Affairs staff who are using Viterbi Payroll Control System should continue to VPN to our offsite facility and remote connect to jump hosts assigned to them.
2. myViterbi system – data replication near completion. The system and its affiliated services/data will be inaccessible between 5AM – 10AM, Tuesday, 1/5/21.
3. Viterbi.usc.edu – data replication near completion. This server provides faculty directory service to all public accessible websites, and Viterbi Calendar service.
4. Viterbi license servers – data replication near completion.
Published on January 4th, 2021
Last updated on January 6th, 2021